I went looking for true love.
Found it not where I thought.
So I wandered around, looking everywhere.
Found it hiding in the most unexpected place.
Found it wasn't an "it" afterall.
True love is a halfling, God-Man.
Am I watching a fiction movie?
With wars in the stars?
Am I reading a fiction novel?
A story that never ends?
I am in awe, for this God-Man is real and true.
And His love is genuine, for He proved it by defending me 'til death.
He protects me still now.
He gave me His heart, I accepted it.
Then went looking for true love.
Found it not where I thought.
So once again I wandered around looking everywhere.
I am turning the same rocks over looking for it.
Isn't it's name Prosperity, Affection, Power, Adventure?
Where did my True Love go?
True Love went no where.
I left my first and only True Love in search of the imposters.
I turned around and looked within.
His heart beats in mine.
I once again accepted His heart in mine.
Am I watching a fiction movie?
With wars in the stars?
Am I reading a fiction novel?
A story that never ends?
I am in awe, for this God-Man is real and true.
And His love is genuine, for He proved it by defending me 'til death.
He protects me still now.
He gave me His heart, I accepted it.
Then went looking for true love.
Found it not where I thought.
So once again I wandered around looking everywhere.
I am turning the same rocks over looking for it.
Isn't it's name Prosperity, Affection, Power, Adventure?
Where did my True Love go?
True Love went no where.
I left my first and only True Love in search of the imposters.
I turned around and looked within.
His heart beats in mine.
I once again accepted His heart in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment